It's okay - we all need a little help sometimes.
Whether you take photos every season of the year, or this is your first time, I want to make sure you feel confident in your clothes, but also get the best pictures for your walls or memory books!
No need to go buy fancy outfits for your session. (unless you want to! I love a good excuse to shop)
There are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to selecting your outfit.
1. Outfits directly affect the "feel" of the photos.
My editing style is light and bright, but the pictures will only look that way if your outfits are light and bright.
2. Black is a big no-no unless you want moody or formal photos.
Usually I let it slide during Christmas sessions, but for regular photos, let's skip it!
3. I know dark colors are slimming and makes us feel comfortable, BUT we can get light colors to hide all your insecurities the same way by layering. Wear something flowy!
4. Some photographers dislike patterns & prints, but I welcome them! I do however recommend less is more. Mix and match patterns and solids for your family so it's not too busy for the eye.
5. It's Florida, and it's hot. Especially our summer months.
If you book a session during this time, keep in mind that the material you wear doesn't show sweat as easy. It's so hard to edit out. Just another reason to stick to light colors because you can't tell there is sweat on a white tshirt the way you can on a blue one.
Let me show you one example of how the colors affect the pictures.
Take note of Dad and toddler in the EXACT same spot, a few seconds apart, edited EXACTLY the same way - yet their picture seems darker than Mom and toddler.